Dear Parents and Guardians,
The state has released new information on school performance as required by a federal education law called the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA):
· The Iowa School Performance Profiles reflects how public schools performed on a set of core accountability measures, such as results on the statewide assessment. The tool displays a school’s score based on overall performance, as well as scores based on the performance of subgroups of students. These subgroups include students who are eligible for free or reduced-price lunch, students receiving special education services, English learners, and students from racial/ethnic minority groups.
· Based on these scores, some schools in Iowa have been identified for additional support and improvement (Comprehensive or Targeted) and some schools have been identified for extended supports if they continue to be identified after 3 years (Extended Comprehensive or Extended Targeted).
AHSTW Community School District has received the designation of Acceptable for the reporting year 2022 for the Primary, Intermediate, and High School Academic Buildings.
Our school has not received designations for Comprehensive Support and Improvement (which is based on overall performance), Targeted Support and Improvement (which is based on the performance of student subgroups), or any Extended status. However, our school still receives scores on these accountability measures, and these are updated annually; you can locate our scores and results on the Iowa School Performance Profiles site.
We have many things to celebrate in our school including:
· Our Primary grade levels have successfully adopted and implemented of a new math text series to support our curriculum and have seen positive increases in fall achievement data.
· Our HS MTSS system now includes the use study tables allowing designated times for students and staff to meet in areas needed for a student’s academic growth.
· Our Intermediate MTSS team consistently reviews student data to appropriately provide interventions based on student need.
We also continue to work toward improvement in the following areas:
· Social Emotional Learning and Health
· Increased proficiency in reading, math and science.
We view Iowa’s accountability and support as an opportunity to review our strengths and areas for improvement and to build on the great things we have going on.
Thank you for your continued support of our school, our staff, and our students.
For more information about the Iowa School Performance Profiles and ESSA, visit the following website: www.iaschoolperformance.gov
Mr. Darin Jones
Superintendent of Schools